FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council)® National Standard
For Forest Management in Romania
Date of submission for public consultation: 15th of September 2015
Public consultation end date: 15thof December 2015
The comments shall be sent in electronic format, by filling in the public consultation form.
The comments shall be sent to the attention of the FSC National Standard Development Group at the e-mail address: [email protected], until the date of 15.12.2015.
The comments shall only refer to the Indicators, the Verifiers and the Annexes (A-G) of this Standard (D1-0). The FSC Principles and Criteria are binding and cannot be modified.
FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) is an independent, non-governmental and not for profit organisation established in 1993 to promote the responsible forest management in the world’s forest.
The FSC Principles and Criteria for the Forest Management Standard describe at a general level the elements and rules for an environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial, and economically viable management.
Meeting these principles is the condition for obtaining the FSC certificate. Taking into account the interest in the forest certification in Romania, we consider appropriate to adapt this Standard at the national level to really and efficiently reflect the national legislation, the social, economic and environmental conditions in our country through a participative process in which the relevant stakeholders are appropriately involved.
The process of the Standard adaptation for Romania includes a large public consultation process within the development of the FSC indicators and verifiers. The adaptation process for the National Standard is a transparent, democratic process and offers all those interested the opportunity to contribute to its development.
Once the FSC Standard for Forest Management in Romania has been approved, its use shall become mandatory in the assessments for FSC certificate by all the accredited certification bodies.
For the comments on the FSC National Standard – draft 1-0 to be valid, the following conditions must be met:
- Comments are to be sent only in electronic format at the address: [email protected] for the Romanian Standard Development Group
- Comments will be made either by filling in the public consultation form and attaching it to the e-mail or directly on the web page: en.standardnational.ro (online version);
- Valid are only the comments sent during the time interval: 15.09.2015 -15.12.2015
- Comments are to be sent in Romanian language
- The comments will have an official character and will include mandatory identification data as required in the “Form for public consultation on National Standard_Draft 1-0” with surname and name, contact data and expertise field.
At the completion of the consultation process, all the comments received will be reviewed by the FSC National Standard Development Group after which they will prepare the public report which will include:
- A summary of the comments received (including the sender and the sender’s contact data)
- The National Standard Development Group’s answers to the comments received
- Information on the way in which the comments received were integrated in the subsequent version of the draft submitted to public consultation
- A review of the activity fields of the stakeholders who sent their comments.
For further information on the process, contact National Standard Development Group at the following contact data:
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone: +40 740 300 616
If you know of any other persons, institutions or organisations that might be interested in this process, feel free to redirect the link to them.
The FSC Standard Development Group for Romania
SDG (Standard Development Group) will organize a debate on: Practical Recommendations for Implementing the National Standard FSC® for forest management, on 6 June 2019 in Brasov.
FSC Certification FSC Why a National Standard FSC around the world National Standard Draft 1-0 Draft 1-0 annexes Draft 1-1 Approved standard Guide Development Process Development Process Standard Development Group and factors involved Standard Development Group (SDG) Consultative Forum Technical experts Facilitator Stakeholders Public consultations I want to be consulted Comments and Answers Relevant Documents…
With the opportunity of launching the FSC® National Forest Stewardship Standard of Romania (FSC-STD-ROU-01-2017 EN), the Standard Development Group (SDG) organized an event dedicated to presenting the elaboration process and its provisions..