SDG (Standard Development Group) will organize a debate on: Practical Recommendations for Implementing the National Standard FSC® for forest management, on 6 June 2019 in Brasov.
FSC International, following the recommendations made and on the basis of the comments received from the stakeholders interested in and affected by, began a reviewing process1 of the 10 Principles and 56 Criteria developed in 1994.
Version 5-0 of the FSC Standard for Forest Management was approved by the FSC Standard Development Group on the 10th of February 2012
Version 5-1 was approved by the FSC members during the General Assembly of FSC Members in Seville (Spain) on the 12th of September 2014.
A last version, 5-2, was approved by the FSC Standard Development Group in July 2015, aimed at correcting some spelling mistakes.
The new FSC Principles and Criteria for Forest Management as developed in standard FSC-STD-01-001 V5-2, shall only be used for audits after the approval of the National Standard for Forest Management in Romania.
The process of the development of the FSC National Standard FOR Forest Management is carried out according to the requirements in Standard FSC-STD-60-006 V1-2 “Process requirements for the development and maintenance of National Forest Stewardship Standards” and in Standard FSC- STD-60-002 (V1-0 “Structure and Content of National Forest Stewardship Standards”) .
In Romania, the development process for the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Standard in compliance with Standard FSC-STD-01-001 (V5-2) and Standard FSC-STD-60-004 V1-0 began when the Standard Development Group (SDG) and the Facilitator were set up and approved in June 2014 by FSC International.
The preparation of Draft 1-0 by the SDG was carried out during six meetings:
- Principle I was discussed in the meeting of the SDG in Brasov, in the time interval 29-30.09.2014.
- Principles II and III were discussed in the meeting of the SDG in Brasov in the time interval 25-26.11.2014.
- Principles IV and V were discussed in the meeting of the SDG in Sighetu Marmatiei in the time interval 12-14.01.2015.
- Principles VI, VII and VIII were discussed in the meeting of the SDG in Brasov in the time interval 28-30.04.2015.
- Principles IX and X were discussed in the meeting of the SDG in Brasov in the time interval 20-22.05.2015.
- The final version of Draft 1-0 of FSC National Standard for Forest Management in Romania was approved by the SDG following the meeting in Brasov in the time interval 15-17.07.2015.